Mohawk Alley Animal Hospital Website Privacy Notice
Last modified: November 1, 2020
Mohawk Alley Animal Hospital (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your information and complying with all applicable privacy laws. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Mohawk Alley Animal Hospital website (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Applicability & Eligibility
This Privacy Notice applies to our Website, and Company’s collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your data. It does not apply to third party websites, applications, or services, including through any application, advertising or content that may link from our Website such as our online prescription partner VetSource TM. For privacy policies pertaining to third party websites, please refer to the privacy policies posted on such websites.
Before accessing, using, or interacting with our Website you should carefully review the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice. By accepting our Privacy Notice, you are confirming that you have read and understand these policies, including how and why we use your information. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this Privacy Notice, you should not use the Website.
Information Collection & Use
Company collects information about you and your use of the Websites through various means, including when you provide information to us and when we automatically collect information about you when you access, use, or interact with our Website.
At time we may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you (such as pet information or pet prescription information); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of inquiries, appointment requests, refill requests or otherwise requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your requests.
We may also collect information on how our Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personal data to send you direct marketing communications about our services. This will be in the form of telephone, email and post. If you do not want to receive an direct marketing from us, please contact us at Mohawk Alley Animal Hospital, 2162 W. Sunset Blvd.,Los Angeles, CA 90026 USA, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or (213) 201-7900.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address or other personal information to provide to the online pharmacy that we’ve partnered with, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the online pharmacy.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we feel that we have a relationship with you and will only use it for clear and explicit purposes, this may also include satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a safe manner.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Shine the Light Statement
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 2162 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026 USA
Do Not Track
We do not change our practices in response to a Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal.
Children’s Privacy Statement
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 18. We ask that you not use the Website if you are under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not provide any information on our Website. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which We collect and use your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Mohawk Alley Animal Hospital
2162 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026 USA
Phone: (213) 201-7900